Neighborhood – East Austin
In the past couple of years, Austin’s East Side has seen a surge in bars and restaurants, turning it into a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
Walkable and full of hotspots, this surrounding area is a dream come true for explorers who love to go from one spot to the next.
by paradisa homes
Here is a list of our top choices for a night out in Austin’s East Side.
- Shangri-La – Fresh, dog-friendly and chill vibed, this popular dive bar-meets-beer garden features a selection of frozen drinks, a large patio, and Cajun food from the Baton Creole truck outback.
- Wright Bros. – Looking for a cozy spot where you can chat over beverages? A high quality selection of coffee and beer is available at Brew and Brew. In addition to tasty items from local purveyors, the cafe and bar also serves chocolate croissants from Easy Tiger and bagels from Rosen’s Bagel Co.
- If you’re in the mood for a warm reminiscence of the Argentinian south, empanadas with chimichurri and mixed grill plates are some of the specialties at Buenos Aires Cafe and restaurant.
- Domo Alley-Gato Tatsu-Ya – A dog-friendly stop with late hours & outdoor seating focusing on creative highballs & Japanese curry. Located next door to Japanese restaurant Ramen Tatsuya on East Sixth, Domo Alley-Gato provides a cat-centric drink selection.
- It’s hard to go wrong with the food at Cisco’s Restaurant. Get the tacos, migas plate, and huevos rancheros.
- Salt & Time – Sample a large roast to enjoy as a family, or order some house-made pasta to share.